In the meantime, we've had the old ones sitting around on a shelf. I didn't want to throw them into a landfill, but I didn't want to drink out of them. I knew I'd eventually find a purpose for them, and inspiration struck early this spring when Ninna and I were planting the first seedlings: planters! We'd use them to plant a single flower as sort of our own little private eco-protest to Sigg's use of such dangerous materials.
Here's what we did:
1. Drilled two holes in the bottom of the bottle:
2. Filled with dirt and added a couple of seeds: 3. Watered and waited: We're still in the "waiting" stage as we just planted the seeds today. We actually planted two bottles, each with a different flower. I'm really hopeful that they'll grow and do OK in there. We seem to have somewhat green thumbs in this home, so at least one of them should work. Hopefully I'll be posting photos again later this summer with pretty blooms coming out the neck!